Every Sub-Plot Ever

 
            I know I haven't written in almost a month, but due this lock-down everyday is same as the one before. There is no change and hence nothing to write about. I've been spending lots of time studying and streaming movies like everybody else. Actually I just finished watching a movie right now and that is kind of what prompted me to write this post.
     Have you ever seen a movie where the protagonist is a huge mess but someone comes along and it'll all get better in less than half an hour? How can you have not. It's basically a sub-plot in every movie ever made. I've seen more than my share of movies and this was always the sad after thought. I mean, will my life be a mess till I find someone too? Until then what? Give up?
      That sounds too sad, I know. But it also made me think if, all it took was noticing the mess in our life and trying to make things straight, why haven't we already done it. It means I could have lived the life I wanted, the minute things started making sense, for me that was around 16. Now I'm 22 and the only good thing I have in my life is my friends. In a few months I'll get my degree and got no idea what to do with it. So I think having someone to tell me what to do doesn't sound too bad right now. But what do I want to hear? I don't know the answer for that too, or maybe never bothered asking myself.
       But over the years (and over few movies) I realized wanting someone by your side doesn't mean you can't do things alone. It doesn't mean your not capable or can't think for yourself. It just means we need help getting to wherever we want to go. A push, a nudge or sometimes someone's shadow by our side will give all the strength and courage we need. I think also it assures us of a place or a person to go back to if things doesn't work out. A place without judgement, a place we can fall back to without a second thought. For some people that somebody is themselves and for others they might find it in others. I don't know what category I fall into, even if I did I don't know where I want to be pushed. Maybe I'll know or someone will tell me, but in the mean time I'll just keep writing.
       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTION

Poem for my friend.