Poem for my friend.

I read this poem somewhere and it perfectly reflects the way I felt. So here you go.                                    


                                       When Tomorrow Started Without You                                                 


When tomorrow started without you
I felt so much alone
I know I shouldn’t cry
The way I did that day
Thinking of the many things
We never got to say

I know how much you love me
As much as I love you
And each time that I think of you
I know you miss me too
But when tomorrow started without you
I couldn’t understand
That an angel came and called your name
And took you by the hand

He said your place was ready
In heaven far above
But that you’d have to leave behind
All of us you dearly love
As I walked on past you
A tear fell from my eye
For in all those years I’d never thought
One day I’d watch you die

You had so much to live for
So much yet to do
It seemed so unbelievable
That your time on earth was up
I thought of all the yesterdays
The good ones and the bad
I still think of all the love we shared
And all the fun we had

If I could relive your last
Just even for a while
I’d say goodbye and hug you
And once more see you smile
But then I fully realized
That this could never be
But even though you’re gone
Your memory still lives in me
I know that day is coming
Though it may be far from now
When I too will hear the Angel’s call
And God’s mighty trumpets sound
I miss you more than I can say
But when I pass through those gates
And see you waiting there

I’ll run to you
And cry tears of joy
Knowing that at last
We’ll have eternity to share 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Sub-Plot Ever

INTRODUCTION