The Story of my Journal

       Yes. I had a Journal when I was around 15. Well it lasted for less than 4 days. Not that I stopped writing. Only that my sister tore it up into pieces and it was in the garbage the next morning. When I asked her, she told mom asked her to do it. I wasn't shocked honestly.
       How many people have told you to start a Journal? Too many right? Or Nobody? I didn't know why people used to keep Journals. Is it so hard to remember what you ate today morning , after 20 years? It's not. It's freaking easy. So why do we need Journals. I remember I used to think that I will, for sure remember what I'm feeling right now as I'm walking down the road next to my crush. I don't have to write it down. I feel funny and I'm gonna remember it forever.
       But I don't think I remember it today or maybe even the day after that, about what I exactly felt. I even forgot who that person is. I'm not saying that that was the defining moment that led me to start writing Journals. No. It was kind of an on and off relationship. My mom was the enemy every time. I didn't wanted my mom to read it, like any sane person. But somehow she used to get a hold of it and read it thoroughly and use it against me the next time I messed up. Classic moms.
       When I really wanna write something I just grab a book and start writing. Doesn't matter where I am and what I am doing. It's one thing I can count on any day to express myself. Rereading it makes me calm and understand what I am thinking and what I can do or not do. Talking helps, yes, but writing is like ranting about stuff and not getting judged. 
       One day by mistake I poured the salt all over the floor. And my mom was right there. I was freaking out, cause you know spilling salt is bad luck here. As I expected, all hell were let loose that day. She didn't touch me but she couldn't stop screaming at me until the next morning or until I left for school. I know I deserve that, maybe, but heck I was only 15. In school I was so angry that day, I was almost shivering. The only way I knew to calm myself down was to write. Mid class I started writing in a small pocket book I had with me. I filled it in 5 minutes and just sat blankly. Or calmly having nothing else left to think about.
       That small little pocket book was the one that was in the garbage the next week. Mom read it. There were some pretty angry sentences obviously and really, really descriptive. I don't think we ever talked about why she did it. I just went on with my day trying to forget that she just read something I didn't want anyone to read. It took me many months to go back to writing. She found my books few times and the same thing repeated. I never confronted her nor she ever did ask me to stop writing. I was scared of her or maybe just didn't want her to start speaking again about anything really. The less I heard her voice the more sane I remained.
     


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Every Sub-Plot Ever

INTRODUCTION

Poem for my friend.